System defect is a common place in most software application development of a business, which can result in the application performing below management expectations. A system administrator is usually responsible to coordinate all aspects of the system and ensure that they work toward achieving the main objectives of developing the system in the first place.
However, experience has shown that the overall administration and operation of a computer system can defective as a result of failing in system administration and management oversight whose responsibility is to monitor and keep track of the entire system operation. Oversight are usually as a result of:
- Abnormal high operating costs as a result of cost overrun which makes the system inefficient and possibility of abandoning as incomplete system;
- Inadequate technical training of personnel responsible to handle the software application necessary to develop or improve the prerequisite skills;
- Assigning responsibilities to very few individuals/users who may not cope with new requirements. In other words, staffing based on budgetary constraints and other procedures rather than based on the needed skills to effectively implement the computer software application;
- Accessing the system by unauthorized users or unforeseen impact of other computer system;
- Poor quality control of system operations and inadequate system documentation or descriptions of how the system works both from technical and end user’s reference;
- Misuse or negligence by authorized users or sabotage;
- Poor supervision or routine checks by the System Administrator;
- Poor response to the newly developed system and adjustment to software updates;
- Data management problems such as incorrect entry of data, erroneous or falsified data input and other failure to manage data as an organizational resources;
- Lack of technology culture in organizational structure or inability of the management to encourage computerization culture with an organization.
These failures usually occur during system implementation as a result of inability to communicate effectively user requirements and adequate controls. A successful system implementation should have all the top management supports needed, with well-defined purpose/objectives.
User involvement and effective communication among all concerned must be encouraged to ensure end user/client acceptance; including providing appropriate personnel technical training/skill exposure and required up to date technology for effective and efficient functioning of the system.
Effective controls also require adequate monitoring and feedback as factors for successful scheduled and planned system implementation and development; most system failures can be attributed to planning deficiency
Do You Need Accounting Help?
Consistent up to date and cleaning of accounting records for sound business decision making, may be posing some difficulties when you are preoccupied with other business functions. Is it time to consider independent professionals because of certain technical complications that could occur along the line? It could also be daunting, time-consuming procedures. Not recording correctly and poor monitoring can cause complications and confusion.
we @Fritznoble assist our clients on the best available options that suit their businesses...Reach out/ Outsource With Us… If Accounting works are bothering you, then it’s time you outsourced your accounting and bookkeeping requirements, this will help you concentrate more on other core activities of your business; with a team of professionals to help.
Social media Connections
Visit here, for more business tips.